Monday, January 10, 2011

The Descent into Addiction that is iPhone Ownership

Those who have actually bothered to read this blog b.c. (that is, 'Before Comics') might remember my epic adventure to an AT&Ts store to try to purchase an iPhone.

It did not end well, and I left empty handed and broken spirited.

(for those of you unexposed to my b.c. days can check out the post here)

Fortunately, for me, I have a brother who happens to be a complete technology addict.







Even more fortunate for me, he has always been sweet enough to spoil me with his slightly used, barely months old technology as soon as a new product comes along.

And that is how I ended up with an iPhone 3G.



And, on occasion, my brother even gives me brand-spanking-new technology just because I'm a spoiled rotten princess.





But following my ordeal with AT&T (voted worst cell phone carrier by consumer reports just recently), I had lost a lot of my excitement about owning an iPhone.



Long story short, that excitement eventually came back in full force when I discovered all the things this tiny device was capable of doing.

Now I can't imagine life without it.

But I didn't automatically go from just being excited about owning an iPhone to full on, slap-ass crazy dependent on it.

Oh no.

You see, it happens gradually, over a series of seven steps that lead to complete addiction.

Stage One: Excitement



Stage Two: Confusion



Stage Three: Fear




Stage Four: Application Collection





Stage Five: Bragging








Stage Six: Addiction



And, finally,
Stage Seven: Obsession

2 comments:

  1. joel and i love playing the angry bird game, dam pigs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice your brother spoils you so....

    ReplyDelete