Friday, September 3, 2010

Rain Induced Amnesia

Earlier this week, our great city suddenly remembered 'Oh wait... I'm Seattle' and our weather went from sunny and happy, to rainy and horrible.

And, for some reason I'll never understand, the introduction of rain causes everyone in Seattle to suddenly forget how to drive.
I call it rain induced amnesia.

Now, before I go any further, I'm sure you're all wondering why on Earth you're reading another driving related blog post. This seems like a reoccurring theme here, doesn't it?
Well, there's a good reason for that.

You see, I spend an extraordinary amount of time in my car.
To explain, I drew a chart of how I spend my time daily:


(notice the exclusion of sleep)

That doesn't leave me with much to write posts about.

Especially considering my average work day pretty much consists of the following:











See? That's not very interesting. And that's pretty much my entire work day.

Anyway, back to the point.

I call this phenomenon rain induced amnesia, and it can be expressed as the following formula:
Rain + Seattle Drivers = Total Chaos.

This is especially dangerous considering Seattle drivers are bad drivers on any given day. But rain changes them from careless to outwardly homicidal.


Here is a Seattle driver on a regular day:



And here is a Seattle diver when it is raining:











I'm guilty of this, as well.
But not purposefully.
You see, as well as turning all other drivers into homicidal maniacs with no depth perception, rain turns my wheels into total dicks.











No comments:

Post a Comment