Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dino Rossi: Kitten Eater?

It's voting time in this great land of ours, and once again I'm excited to be a part of DEMOCRACY.

Now, before I go any further, I want to correct a misconception.

I'm not actually a Democrat.
At all.

I know, I was shocked too.

I'm a registered independent.



I'm an independent because, frankly, neither party is appealing to me.






Most people just assume I'm a Democrat.
Truthfully, I am in most ways. I'm pro-choice, I love the idea of universal health care, and I think both president Bushes were total douches.

But I also believe in more power for the states, with less federal control. I love the constitution, including the second amendment.




Bear arms.


Democrat, or Republican, or Independent, or Bear, it doesn't matter.
As long as you express yourself by voting for the candidate who best represents your beliefs.

But, here's the rub;
For the most part, we're not voting for our favorite candidate
Instead, we're voting AGAINST our LEAST favorite candidate.

Why?

Because of attack ads, which have been especially horrific in this seasons senate race.

We never hear about what the candidates want to do to improve, or what they plan to do once they're in office. We just hear them slander the other guy.

So instead of an ad saying how Dino Rossi plans to cut taxes, we get this:







And instead of an ad about how Patty Murray will continue to fight for our health care and middle class, we get this:








Because no one will vote for a guy who eats kittens, or the woman who criminalized babies.



That's just fact.

So, please, go learn a little about the candidates and issues on your own.
Otherwise you might be convinced into believing that Patty Murray is actually Osama Bin Laden, because an ad reminds you that they've never been seen in the same room at the same time.



Or that Dino Rossi punches old ladies in the face.

2 comments: