Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Day in the Life

A Day in Cella's Life... In Pictures.

7:00am - Brought into incoherent semi-consciousness by my screeching phone.



7:05 - COFFEE



7:06 to 7:45 - INTERNET TIME!






7:50 - After gathering my things, I leave for work with a smile on my face... only to remember I'm still in my pjs.







7:55 - A rushed change into 'real people' clothes ensues.



8:00am - Now running late, I rush out the door like a weasel with its tail on fire.



8:01 - I like to imagine my car is always happy to see me in the morning. She looks forward to our morning drive.



8:05am



8:15am



8:20am



8:35am



8:45am - Finally at work, I spend most of the morning answering the phone.



10:10 - And putting away files.



11:10 - And answering the phone



11:40 - And putting away more files.



12:00 - LUNCH TIME!






12:40pm - Returning from lunch, I immediately jump back on the phone



1:30pm - Sometimes I have to alphabetize things.
This is more realistic if you realize that in my head, I'm always screaming "A GOES BEFORE B - RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"



2:30pm - More files to be put away



3:40pm - More phone calls



4:10pm - The overwhelming number of files slowly takes over the office as I fight for control.




4:45pm - TIME TO LEAVE!



5:00pm



5:10pm



5:25pm



5:40pm



5:50pm - With mere moments to spare, I park at Bell Square and duck into the bathroom to change. I always feel like Superman.






6:01pm - I race into Victoria's Secret, dodging shoppers, trying to clock in before I'm officially late. A quick glance at the schedule tells me I'll be processing for the next four hours. It is imperative to psych oneself up for this.



6:02pm - Box times are always discouraging.



6:03pm - BUT YOU MUST POWER THROUGH! The next few hours are a blur of energy, panties are everywhere, and it's a fight between (wo)man and box. THE BOX MUST NOT WIN!



6:40pm



7:30pm



8:01pm



8:10pm - After the first box, enthusiasm wanes. Suddenly the box is winning. The endless supply of panties overwhelms the senses. There is simply not enough time, and your morning coffee has long faded.
The next few hours feel like running through Jello.



9:40pm


10:00pm - Eventually a manager takes pity on me.


10:10pm - For the safety of society, I probably shouldn't drive home at this point. I do anyway. 'People have quick reflexes' I tell myself, as I swing in and out of a semi-conscious, exhaustion fueled delirium.



10:20pm - Insanity takes over.
'Where the hell am I? Why are so many people running and screaming? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MONKEYS ARE TRYING TO STEAL MY TAXES'





10:35pm - Somehow, through my divine powers of unconscious driving, I arrive home safe and sound. My first stop is my laptop. But I never make it very long before collapsing.




10:36pm

3 comments:

  1. I love it Cella, you are so clever. It made me laugh.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius, as always. Can't wait till you get famous, I'm gonna tell everyone 'Yeah! We were friends for a while!'. Oh, and who's the other coloured OX?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats Orange OX. I wanted more than one, so I drew him Orange.
    I'm pretty sure I'm violating a copyright with this page...

    ReplyDelete